A whole new year!

2023 has arrived. It's a whole new year, full of resolutions and possibilities. One of the most attractive things about a new year is that we have no idea what will happen. As we look ahead, we try to think of all the good and exciting events which we HOPE will occur. Last year, we started the year with a COVID surge and new strains which caused havoc for a while. This year, things are quieter, there's a new booster and we all want to put the pandemic behind us. The world will never be the same but we will adapt and go on with our lives, just as we did after the terrorist attacks of 9-11. We got used to the security checks and taking our shoes off before boarding a plane. 

Boarding planes is on my mind as I write because I will be boarding one in a few days time to vacation in Paris with my husband! There are a lot of things to take care of before we can leave-from washing to refilling prescriptions. Of course, I want to strike a balance between taking what we will need and travelling light. I've been making lists for weeks, and I will probably worry I've forgotten something until we're on the plane and it doesn't matter any more! 

The reactions people have to an exciting trip like ours are interesting; people who have never left the country issue dire warnings. One acquaintance worried about the germs we were sure to be exposed to on the plane! On the other hand, every teen or twenty-something female I've mentioned it to has given a rapturous sigh and said, "Oh, I'd love to go to Paris!"

What about you? Are you a worrier and a planner? On a trip like this, I plan things I can control, such as taking plenty of chargers for all our electronics. Can I change the weather? No, but I can plan to take a water-resistant coat and have a plan B in mind. The weather is forecast to be wet and mild-not the best for sightseeing but fine for museums and indoor activities. I'm looking forward to the photos I will take and the adventures we will be sure to have! 




























































Comments

Popular Posts