Starting the year right-my word of the year.

 

January is already coming to an end! It is a quiet time of year in my photography business; the weather is cold and the days are short. It's the perfect time to plan for the year, overhaul my pricing, update my skills-you get the picture.  There is something about a new year that makes everyone want to take a deep breath and start again. This month has been full of opportunities to start the year on the right foot. There have been online workshops and seminars, in-person networking and speakers, discussion groups and one-on-ones. Goal-setting is a frequent topic of discussion. 

To be effective, goals have to be attainable, realistic. That doesn't mean they don't require effort and planning.  "A goal without a plan is just a wish," said the author Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.  This year, instead of impossible resolutions, I have chosen a word of the year. The word is supposed to represent my goals and what I want to work on to take my business to the next level. The word I chose was: Consistency. Bruce Lee said, "Long term consistency beats short term intensity."  This strikes a chord with me. I plan to finish what I start, ask for the sale, follow up more confidently. I will consistently post on social media, update my website and publish my blog. And I will consistently work to create beautiful images for my clients...paid or pro bono.

As we go into the third year of the pandemic, it's hard to be consistent in a world that changes daily and it's easy to give up when the going gets hard. What has not changed is my belief that creativity is as important as breathing. Being able to work daily in a creative field is a gift. Here's to a consistently creative and profitable 2022!




Comments

Popular Posts