Summertime memories!


 Summer is a time when many families get together.  The fine weather is the perfect time to travel and family reunions take place every weekend around the country. In every family there is an instigator,  the person, usually a woman, who makes the arrangements and bullies the rest of the family into agreeing on a date and place.  Whether it be a formal meal or a picnic in the park, this is a perfect time to get some family pictures!  Who knows when you will all be together again? Everyone will take snapshots with their cell phones and maybe they will be organized enough to share them on social media, but, when it comes to preserving your memories of the day, here's a radical idea: why not hire a professional photographer to take some pictures? 

So, why hire an outsider to take pictures on a day that is all about family? Well, for a start, Ms. Organizer can be in the pictures too! I have photographed a number of family gatherings over the years. In one case, I was hired to take formal shots of family groupings when 5 out of 6 siblings and their families got together to celebrate a big birthday. In another, I spent the weekend with an extended family at a resort and recorded the whole weekend. But it doesn't have to be that complicated! Hire someone to come for an hour and take some professional shots, then take your own for the rest of the event! The picture shown here is of my family-my Mom, my sister and me, with our spouses and children. It was taken in 1984 and is one of my most precious possessions. My sister arranged for a photographer to come and take some pictures in our mother's back yard, while we were visiting from the US. It was a moment in time captured forever. What memories would you like to capture?

Comments

Popular Posts