Counting my blessings at Thanksgiving


Each year, as Thanksgiving approaches, thoughts turn to all we have to be thankful for. It's easy to become bogged down in economic woes, war and political turmoil but I think it's an important exercise to look back at the year which is almost ended and count your personal blessings.

2022 was a year of rebuilding my business after the two years of pandemic, and also of taking a slightly different direction. I shot one wedding in June but most of my business has been headshots this year. I discovered that I enjoyed them; business people make up their minds, rarely question the cost and almost never ghost you!  They easily see the value in what I do.

2022 was also a year of travel after two years of restrictions. My husband and I celebrated a big anniversary in Michigan, a wedding in the Pacific Northwest and I attended the Portrait Masters Conference in Phoenix. Early next year, we will take a trip to Europe for the first time since COVID.

That wedding in Washington blended two families and we gained a 14 year old step-grandson, bringing the total to 7! I broke my hand in Phoenix but medical care and physical therapy have (almost) brought it back as good as new, in just 11 weeks.  I was chosen as "Ambassador of the Year" by my peers for my work with the Chamber of Commerce and I won a "Golden Ticket" worth $250 from Graphistudio and bought some amazing samples with it. I am starting a photography group at the Senior Center and hope I can pass on some of my knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, photography.

TV is full of commercials which tell you to buy, buy, buy, in order to provide the perfect holiday season for those you love. But it's not all about us! Instead, let's make a point of give, give, give!  Give your time, give your talents and give your love. If you do, there will be so much more to be thankful for next year!




Comments

Popular Posts