The rush begins!

                                                                                                                                                                     



Thanksgiving is in the bag and the Christmas shopping season has officially begun!  Personally, I always avoid the Black Friday crowds but there are those who look forward to the competition as much as others look forward to opening day of hunting season!  Which are you?  There are 28 shopping days left to Christmas and I haven't even started!

One solution is to buy local. The day after Black Friday is Small Business Saturday. Make a day out of shopping from unique, local offerings instead of fighting the crowds at big box stores. Even if you can't get to the store itself, thanks to COVID, most small businesses in your neighborhood will have a way to order on line! I am off on my COVID-delayed trip to the west coast soon, and one of the things I plan to do in Portland is shop local and find small businesses with unique gifts. (Portland's slogan is "Keep Portland Weird" so I expect to find some very unique items!) 

As a small business owner myself, I need to practice what I preach. I can't expect my clients to pay a higher price for a quality product, while still shopping at Walmart myself. I try to make it a practice to buy from other small businesses whenever possible.  The reward is knowing that I'm keeping my money local and supporting businesses that support things I care about.  

And finally, after quarantine restrictions in 2020, enjoy the opportunity to celebrate with family and friends again. That is the best gift of all!





                         


Comments

Popular Posts